Low Fat Carrot Cake with a Twist
* 2 eggs
* 2 egg whites
* 2 cups flour
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1½ tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1½ cups pureed figs or prunes (baby food jars)
* 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
* 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple (reserve juice)
* 1 cup raisins
* ½ cup chopped walnuts
* 1 cup powdered sugar for glaze
1. Lightly beat together eggs and egg whites.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into separate bowl. Stir to blend.
3. Add pureed baby food jars, beaten eggs, carrots, pineapple, raisins, and nuts. Stir until blended.
4. Turn mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan, sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
6. While cake cools, blend powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice. Drizzle over cake.
Fat: 1.7 g
Calories from Fat: 8%
Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Fiber: 1.4 g
Sodium: 113.1 mg