This is only a feed from my current blog located on my site...

My Blog Has Moved! Please Visit My New Online Home! KnittingAndThings.com


Favorite Black Bean Soup I often serve over white rice.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 (15 ounces) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (14.5 ounces) cans chicken broth


1. Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
2. Saute onion and garlic about 5 minutes, until tender.
3. Stir in oregano, thyme, cumin and cayenne.
4. Cook 1 minute.
5. Place 1 can of beans in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth; add chicken broth as needed to make a smooth puree.
6. Add puree, remaining whole beans and remaining broth to saucepan.
7. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Thicken with a cornstarch slurry if desired.