This is only a feed from my current blog located on my site...

My Blog Has Moved! Please Visit My New Online Home! KnittingAndThings.com


A Place to Bark-Bernie Berlin

I am a big animal lover and I have fostered, rescued and re-homed a lot of animals over the last 10 years. I've also done a lot of work for my local shelter Animal Welfare Association and love to socialize and nurse the animals back to health so they can go to good homes. Since I have joined Facebook, another animal rescue has caught my attention. A Place to Bark. This rescue was founded by the amazing Bernie Berlin. Not only is she a super-talented artist, but she goes and rescues these animals and saves them from "Animal Death Row." It's her mission to end the senseless killing of animals in our nation's shelters. So many of these pets are killed when they are still able to be adopted out to live a wonderful life. I have seen her videos on Facebook, I read her blog and I follow her endless journey all over the country to pick up animals that need her help. Her video today, however struck me hard. You can view it here for yourself. She is an incredible woman and A Place to Bark really needs our donations! Even $5.00 can make a difference. Support Bernie and her remarkable quest to save our four-legged friends!