This is only a feed from my current blog located on my site...

My Blog Has Moved! Please Visit My New Online Home! KnittingAndThings.com


Weight loss

Well my New Years resolution was to lose weight. Well not JUST lose weight....but what do they say...Oh yea! Live a healthy lifestyle...Yea right...I want to get my butt into a bathing suit..Dont we all? Well I have been doing great! I quit eating white bread and started eating wheat. I replaced my 4 tbs of sugar in my coffee to Splenda. I have lost 8 pounds since Jan. 1. I need to lose 70 pounds if not a few more. thats like looking for the mouse under the elephant. I am proud of myself and my husband and kids are doing it to but its awfully slow. I keep reminding myself I have had this extra weight on for 14 years( and its quite happy there) and its not going to just fall off because I change my eating....I have added exercise. I try to do it every day. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so on top of everything else...that doesnt help when I put my heart and soul into exercising and it pushes me into a flare up....Anyway, my cousin has done so well on weight watchers and eating low-fat and coming up with fantastic recipes (She is SUCH a inspiration!!) that I know she wouldnt mind me sharing tips and recipes to help anyone out there. They really have helped me and the life change hasnt been bad and I hate to admit it but I do feel better.
Here are two great recipes. I will try and post a new one every day.

Healthy Milkshake
1 cup skim milk
1 pkg hot chocolate mix (sugar free fat free or reg)
8 -12 icecubes
splenda to sweeten

Blend in Blender

Alfredo Sauce

Dice onion (1)
Sautee in PAM
Add 1-1/2 tbs olive oil (or smart balance margarine)
Sprinkle 4-4/12 TBS of flour
Stir for 2 minutes to cook flour It will be a blob of flour
Add FAT FREE half and half (I start with 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 can of chicken broth
and stir
1/2 cup parm cheese grated
Bring to boil and if it needs to be thinned out add more 1/2 and 1/2
Lower heat to simmer and add 1-2 tbs of chopped garlic (i use jarred) or 1 garlic clove chopped
Season with salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.

Now I add frozen peas and imatation crab and lobster (i would add the real thing but its too expensive to feed a family) spinach or escarole and put it over pasta. YUM!